Removing objects

Technical discussions
Claude

Removing objects

Post by Claude »

Hello
Whenever I modify the machine settings of the pinion or gear tooth, I must recreate the model (section or else). Problem is that I have not found a way to Clear the Model, or a section in the Model, such as to replace it. I therefore end up adding sections on top of one another, cluttering the display, and which should not be there.

what I want is to be able to selectively remove sections from a Model.

Thanks, Claude

nickz
Site Admin

Re: Removing objects

Post by nickz »

Hi Claude
IModel2 (query from IModel) has RemoveAll() to make the model empty and Remove(item As IItem). Query item from the ISection.
ISection2 (queried from ISection) has RemoveAll() and RemoveChild() in the same manner

Some identical objects in model can be added programmatically. On the screen they would not be noticeable. Have a look at the structure of the model in Model Explorer: Right click into KC window > Advanced > Model Explorer. To see which object is which on the screen use the “Visible” check box and View menu to show hide selected sections. Several items can be selected
You can delete selected objects pressing delete key

You could also add tracing model structure into Output window to see in debugger. There is also 3D Debugger...
Nick