Unite meshes

Forum for reporting problems
atrev

Unite meshes

Post by atrev »

I am trying to unite two meshs using a boolean unite and getting an AccessViolationException.
The meshes are small compared to the ones we need to use this with, so with this not working, we can't go much further down this path

Thanks

nickz
Site Admin

Re: Unite meshes

Post by nickz »

Most likely there is a problem with the mesh. Boolean operations are tricky because they need to calculate intersection of the two meshes and there are lots what can go wrong. Send us the models If you are sure.
I suspect though that you just need to merge two meshes. It is different. It is simply adding all simplexes of the second mesh to the first one. You can use IMeshTopol.AddSimplex(). I am afraid it will be little slowish. We will expose something like IMeshMods.Merge(IMesh mesh) in the update we are cooking right now (should be ready in few days). It is simple. It should have been added loang time ago. Thanks.
Nick

nickz
Site Admin

Post by nickz »

nickz
Site Admin

Post by nickz »

We have posted the 4.3.3751 update where IMeshEx has two new methods: Extract() and Merge(). Extract() compiles all simplexes touching a sphere or a box to another mesh. Merge() adds all simplexes from one mesh to another.

The Cloud sample demonstrates usage of Extract. There is a new form opened on Tools > Extract menu option.

Nick