Force Smart Labels to show / disable occlusion?

Technical discussions
ademarre

Force Smart Labels to show / disable occlusion?

Post by ademarre »

I am having an issue on a model where at certain rotations the label disappears like the section is occluded. Is there a way to force a Smart Label to show is some way? Either on the section, or outside of the model with a pointer to the section?

Thanks!
Aaron

ademarre

Re: Force Smart Labels to show / disable occlusion?

Post by ademarre »

I ended up putting 3D labels on the objects in the Model Editor and disabling the smart labels in our application. I didn't see a way to modify the behavior of the smart labels, being able to force them to always show might be a useful feature.

Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

Hi Aaron
What version are you using?
Good point. We will add this in v5.0 hopefully in the next update
There is no way currently to force visibility of a particular label. Try playing with the BoundingObjectScale parameter. See the end of http://www.dynoinsight.com/Help/Geom/Ob ... abels.aspx
Setting the FavorSpeed to false might also help

Thank you

Aleksei

Post by Aleksei »

We have added this in today's 5.0.4070 update. IDynamicScreenItemManager_KC has two new methods for that now. C# Smart Labels sample has new check box to see how it works. The SmartLabelsForm.OnHiddenRemoval() makes the call to set the property

Thanks

ademarre

Post by ademarre »

Thanks for adding this! After digging deeper I did find the BoundingObjectScale parameter and added this as a setting in my application.

I am using 4.0 but have had updating on my todo list for a long time and plan on implementing the latest version in the next major update of our product.