Problem setting ModelPath

Forum for reporting problems
Mike_Blinn

Problem setting ModelPath

Post by Mike_Blinn »

Hello

I am new to kernelcad. I am trying to create a new forms project in C# using kernelcad in visual studio 2008. Kernelcad is version 4.1 update 3540. When I change path in form editor to C:\Projects\KernelCAD_4_1\Models\STEP\screw.step (installed file) I get "Property value is not valid" message and the model path remains the same.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Peter_R341

Re: Problem setting ModelPath

Post by Peter_R341 »

Hi Mike

I had similar problem. I got it working by entering a path of Models\ArcPatch.glm and then entering my actual path. The second time there was no error message but the picture was empty. I ignored this and the model was OK when I run the app.

Peter

nickz
Site Admin

Post by nickz »

Hello Mike

Sorry about the problem. We just have fixed it in the update 3542. Well in a satisfactory way in my view. The problem is that the Open Cascade technology it too heavy to do complete rendering in the form design mode.

The fix is to render in design mode only the native KernelCAD objects. If bspline brep objects are present there will be an info string warning about that (in the next update). Everything works OK when running the application normally.

Thanks for reporting

Regards

Nick

Mike_Blinn

Post by Mike_Blinn »

Thank you, guys!
I got through this one
Mike