Can not add KC control to a form

Forum for reporting problems
Rob_Stone

Can not add KC control to a form

Post by Rob_Stone »

Hi
I downloaded the most recent version of v4.1. When I try to drop the control in a visual studio
.net C# project on a form, from the toolbox I get an error. Is it a bug?

Regards,
Rob

nickz
Site Admin

Re: Can not add KC control to a form

Post by nickz »

Hello Rob

Yes, we regret - we have introduced a bug in several updates from 3557 to 3596. It might also affect v4.2. It has been fixed in today’s update 3598.

The problem is related to declaration of KC properties. So the above updates can confuse Visual Studio with respect to the property bug in your application. If you still have problems try removing any reference to KC from Visual Studio and adding it back:

- Install the 3598 (or later) update

- Open a single instance of Visual Studio

- Create a new empty .NET project (C# or VB). Make sure the main form is opened in design view

- Expand the Component group in the tool box where you normally drag KC control from. Right-click on the tool box group and select “Choose items...”

- In the COM tab clear the check box next to KernCAD .NET Control

- Close Visual Studio

- Reopen Visual Studio

- Add KernelCAD .NET control back by turning the check box in the “Choose items” form back on

- Close Visual Studio

After this you should be able to drag the control to your form

Do not forget: As KC 4.1 is 32 bit component the “Platform Target” in the Build tab in the project properties must be “x86”, not the default “Any CPU”. We hope that the 64 bit edition will be ready in few weeks.

Regards
Nick