A few problems

Forum for reporting problems
atrev

A few problems

Post by atrev »

When using the control in a form, for some reason adding certain items to the screen seems to cause an exception in it and causes the kernelcad to stop drawing and will freeze.

One was this does it is when adding a circle, and then adding a measurment label, both programmatically

We are using version 3.1.3392 in VB.net Visual Studio 2010

We have a few other problems which include exceptions from the control when exiting our software. Error is
Managed Debugging Assistant 'ReportAvOnComRelease' has detected a problem in 'F:\sources\Projects\X40_1_28VS10\X40_UserInterface\ics_X40LScanerUI\bin\Debug\project.exe'.
Additional Information: An exception was caught but handled while releasing a COM interface pointer through Marshal.Release or Marshal.ReleaseComObject or implicitly after the corresponding RuntimeCallableWrapper was garbage collected. This is the result of a user refcount error or other problem with a COM object's Release. Make sure refcounts are managed properly. The COM interface pointer's original vtable pointer was 0x73e78658. While these types of exceptions are caught by the CLR, they can still lead to corruption and data loss so if possible the issue causing the exception should be addressed

This shows when trying to handle all exceptions switched on in visual studio using ctrl-alt-e, and can happen up to about 10 times before the application finally exits.

Another error that we are having is that when opening the model explorer
Managed Debugging Assistant 'LoadFromContext' has detected a problem in 'F:\sources\Projects\X40_1_28VS10\X40_UserInterface\ics_X40LScanerUI\bin\Debug\project.exe'.
Additional Information: The assembly named 'kcedproxy32' was loaded from 'file:///c:/Program Files/dinsight/KernelCAD_3_1/bin/kcedproxy32.DLL' using the LoadFrom context. The use of this context can result in unexpected behavior for serialization, casting and dependency resolution. In almost all cases, it is recommended that the LoadFrom context be avoided. This can be done by installing assemblies in the Global Assembly Cache or in the ApplicationBase directory and using Assembly.Load when explicitly loading assemblies.

Any way to avoid this, or has this been fixed in a later release?

And is there any way to open the model explorer programmatically?

Thanks

nickz
Site Admin

Re: A few problems

Post by nickz »

Hello atrev

This a quick answer. We will look into it deeper in a day or two. Please watch this thread. The bugs look new to me.
I definitely recommend upgrading at least to v3.2: http://www.dynoinsight.com/ProDown.htm
I remember only one case when we could not fix a reported bug in a matter of weeks. It was fixed eventually after a while. The main difficulty is reproducing. If we see it is fixed quickly normally.
Explorer launch from the code is easy. Good idea BTW, thanks. I put this into to do list for the next week. It will be in an update of v4.3. I will report on this thread. For earlier version you would need to have a subscription
Thank you for reporting.

Kind regards
Nick Zubin
DInsight

nickz
Site Admin

Re: A few problems

Post by nickz »

We have entered the bugs into our system. They will be investigated before the official release of v4.3. We did work and bug fixes in related areas since v3.1, so some of them may have already been fixed.

Briefly, the Model Explorer is loaded dynamically at runtime as a plug-in. This is necessary as it is implemented in a different language and can be customised and recompiled by the developer.
Nick Zubin
DInsight